Site Meter

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hone Harawira

Like Hone?

I always have but I know there are those who do not. Bomber At Tumeke! sings Hone's praises here and quotes Brian Edwards as he discusses a man he admires.

Hone Harawira is in my view the most effective political communicator in New Zealand...Have a look at Hone’s interview with Smalley on The Nation. What you will see is a quiet, considered, rational advocate for Maori. Chatting to him before the interview I encounter, as I have on previous occasions, an engaging, funny and, above all, warm personality.

In debate he displays not merely high intelligence, but a rare dialectical subtlety that he uses to effect. Hone is not easy to beat in an argument about race relations in Aotearoa. He has spent too long at the coalface, is too experienced, too sharp, too articulate, too driven by his concern for his people and his intolerance of injustice.

2 comments:

Shunda barunda said...

I think one has to ignore an astonishing amount of evidence to the contrary to hold that opinion.
As well as holding your tongue right, imbibing a lot of alcohol, and perhaps taking several different conscious altering narcotics.

But after all that?, sure, he's a top bloke, just like that fulla from Iran.

robertguyton said...

I knew you'd see sense, Shunda, eventually.