Site Meter

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Man about town













I'm a city guy now and am attempting to blend into my new environment by drinking my coffees al fresco, street-side, on the cobbles and amongst the shoppers, buskers and boy-racers.
How long the novelty will last is any one's guess but I'm thinking this is nice on a lovely Southland day like this one but when the clouds gather and the temperature drops, I'll be bringing a thermos and sammies from home and staying inside my classroom/cave at the museum.
I've brought my bicycle in to town and pedal around nonchalantly (seeming to be coolly unconcerned or indifferent) and notice that, while I attracted a lot of attention when I had my campaign billboard-trailer attached, no one takes a blind bit of notice now.
I'm yesterday's news.
For the moment.
Speaking of which, I met Fred Tullet, editor of the Southland Times yesterday, on the street and introduced myself.
We fell to talking about gardening.

4 comments:

Shunda barunda said...

Blarr-dee townie!!
Drinkin ya fancy cappa-see-noes and your larr-tee's
What you need is a proper job! out on the farm!
That'll straightin ya out
Back bone of the nation!
(says in shakier voice)....
BACK BONE OF THE B L A R R - D E E nation!!

robertguyton said...

Clodhopper!

Southernright said...

did you have to tuck your pants into your gummies to fit in with the town folk....

robertguyton said...

Pants!
That's where I went wrong!