Site Meter

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The smell of burning rubber












Energy Minister Gerry Brownlee, Solid Energy's Don Elder and L&M Energy's Chris McKeown are 'talking up', 'aggressively pushing' and bullishly describing how 'the rubber is about to hit the road' in their fields of interest: coal-seam gas, urea and diesel production and methane.
That's Big Boy talk from the Energy Men.
The biennial Petroleum Conference in Auckland is giving their passion wings and they are bristling with confidence about their projects.
Elder went all coy though, when asked whether Solid Energy "should be privatised following a moment of controversy the day before when the chief executive of New Zealand Oil & Gas suggested that the Government should sell it's assets to private buyers".
Bit of a wet blanket, that chap, letting the cat out of the bag like that!

4 comments:

Southernright said...

How much methane was produced during the political debate on Cue and did you plant a tree to combat the carbon released......

robertguyton said...

So you read my 'baked bean' post!
Plenty, I imagine. We all tried to sell ourselves as sincere and intelligent fellows, lovable even and quite the environmentalists.
The guy next to me let himself down a bit by forgetting to turn off his cellphone, which rang during one of my deliveries - I reckon he'd planned for that and had a friend call at that moment.
As for the tree, I've just finsihed putting in the last of the 271 that made up our most recent apple orchard at West Plains and they'll be in the ground for 120+ years I'm guessing but as it concerns you so, I'll do some more just as soon as this weather lightens up. I've got a few I need to replace here,after they were snapped by the snow.

Southernright said...

Drove around Southland yesterday, looks like quite a few will need replacing. Rather sad really..

Missed the Cue TV show, had to wash my hair....

robertguyton said...

Rubbernecking eh Southernright!
No matter about missing the show, they replay it over and over until you submit!