Site Meter

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Moon flower at night


I was away all day, and so missed the full-blooming of my moon flower.
No matter. I'm so delighted that it occurred at all, that I don't mind having missed the unfolding and I'll catch the next one (there are 4 more wrapped, ready for unfurling, though I'm worrying that winter will beat them to it).
I took this flash-photo when I got home and while I don't ordinarily like flash-photos at all, I'm happy that I caught it.  The wind is increasing in velocity and I'm a bit worried the flower will be damaged through the night and this might be the best I get.
It's a very big bloom, bigger than I imagined it could be. It's probably nothing to North Islanders, or even those from the top of the South, but for me, it's near-miraculous to have nurtured a brugmansia to this point and then have it produce this marvellous bloom, just in the nick of time.

No comments: