Site Meter

Monday, August 12, 2013

Goldenrod

Golden rod is a color that resembles the goldenrod plant. A Crayola crayon with this name and color, although a lighter version, was created in 1958.


Co-incidence, right there! That's when I was created!



Were these created that year also? 

I don't know *said in a Peewee Herman voice



Today, I was given several clumps of goldenrod, the plant. I was more than a little excited by the gift, as I had been wishing for some golden rod for many years, although I'd made no effort to secure any.
I hope it will become a feature of my forest-garden and of the community forest-orchard behind Riverton's fire-station, where I'll spend tomorrow morning with Shaun and Regan, planting fruit trees, old carrots and black currants.
And goldenrod (the plant).

No comments: