Site Meter

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Master of the Universe













Well, no, but Master of Ceremonies and that's but one small step down from Benign Dictator of all Space and Time.
  I was MC tonight at the wedding reception for my niece and her now-husband, following their lovely ceremony in the gardens in town. There was lots of green, much of it tree, and tears and vows. It was charming and there was a swan - a pair of swans in fact, one atop her nest and the other on patrol - beware all ye who venture too close! Two Model A Fords too, to sweep the bride and groom away from the melee.
  I managed to ease the speech-makers through their performances, alert the guests to the arrival of the newly-weds, the cutting of the cake and the start of the dancing, without tripping over my own quips and so feel quite pleased with myself and certainly well wined and dined.
  A lovely time was had by all and now it's raining.

No comments: