Site Meter

Monday, October 22, 2012

Garage sale books

Riverton had a town-wide garage sale yesterday and we took to the trail with gusto. I bought mainly books, children's books. Here are some of the treasures I found.

What the hell are you wearing, Robin? And what are you doing??

Lassie! Go home!

Pinocchio. Because he's topical (Steven Joyce as the fox)

Southland Jersey Cow Breeders Association cook book. Rare as  hens' teeth.

A beautiful true story about a flower-growing competition and its deserving winners. I highly recommend you read this book, if you love gardening.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A town-wide garage sale! Sounds like my idea of heaven.

robertguyton said...

It was hugely fun, wildcrafty! I bought willy-nilly, against all instructions and common sense. We bought paintings too, prints rather, of especially high quality, that had been de-comissioned from an art gallery. I'll photograph mine and post them now, in case you are interested.