Site Meter

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fracking TV3

Unless I end up on the cutting-room floor, I'll be on tonight's TV3 News, opining about fracking in Southland. The cameraman dragged me outside for the interview, so if I look chilled and my teeth are chattering, it's not because I was nervous - it was too cold for that.( If the fluffy microphone edges into shot, it's because I was clutching it to my chest for warmth.)

Following his 8-week hunger-strike, the prisoner came down from the watchtower, a better man.

13 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Looking good Mr G!

Glad you didn't land on the floor!

:-)

Bioneer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raymond A Francis said...

Lead the news Robert
So is it true that the stream is a great trout stream now, if so time to tip more of that shit into other rivers:-)

Bioneer said...

Robert Guyton, champion of justice, bane of Solid Enemy i'd imagine.

Shunda barunda said...

Someone was on the tele wearing a Robert Guyton suit, I shit you not!!

robertguyton said...

Thanks, Jac, me too!

First up, Raymond, was a surprise to me too. That stream has other 'issues' now. That'll be the follow-up story, I'm guessing. The coal extraction industry will be all a'quiver.

Hey, Bio. You didn't see a tiny point of laser-light in that shot, did you?

Can't have been, Shunda. No one could squeeze into a suit that skinny.

Suz said...

Go you!

robertguyton said...

I wanted to say, 'Hi Suz!', but couldn't weave it into the narrative.

Deborah said...

Great work, Robert. I thought you came across very well.

robertguyton said...

Thank you, Deborah. I tried to look like a reliable source.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, you did well on the telly even though the fluffy did creep into shot, lol.Isn't it weird, I stumbled upon your site via another blog site.From "the cameraman".

JayWontdart said...

good stuff!

http://www.3news.co.nz/Fracking-in-Southland-exposed/tabid/309/articleID/259325/Default.aspx

Dave Kennedy said...

Well done, Robert, the teeth chattering was barely audible.