Site Meter

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Every Tiny Straw



This is Armchair Critic. Rather, this is the avatar Armchair Critic has chosen, by default, to use as his public face. It could be worse. He might have chosen something regrettable, like this:


Fortunately, he has more discretion and Armchair Critic is the soul of that attribute, going by the information he provides on his blog, "Every Tiny Straw". He describes himself thus:

"Hi, I'm the Armchair Critic. I will write mostly about politics, from a NZ perspective, and also about gardening, applied ethics and whatever else springs to mind. I intend to try to average a post a day. I've never confirmed or denied my gender on the internet, or my sexuality. I have ancestors from a variety of ethnic backgrounds, remain in a longterm relationship (the legal status of which I won't confirm) and have children. I am employed by a multi-national corporate."
I find his commentaries pithy, accurate and funny and that's the holy trinity of blogging for me. Here's what he says about our 'John':

"Gotta ask, and it's a bit tongue in cheek: Having been forced to abandon his ordinary guy image, through his support for the twin vices of gambling (the industrialised sort at SkyCity) and prostitution, is Mr Key taking on a "regular John" (in the American sense) persona?"

I highly recommend Mr Critic and am today joining his team of readers and installing Every Tiny Straw into my own list of 'blogs I read every day'.

8 comments:

Robert Winter said...

Indeed, someone worth following.

Suz said...

Yup!

robertguyton said...

As are you, Mr Winter.
I marvel at those who batter themselves on the sea-wall that is your world view, and fall repeatedly into the broiling tide of their own ignorance, only to surface, procrastinating foamily, to try again and again to scale the barrier against the Swells of Stupidity, that you so generously provide.
Or less florid words to that effect.

Armchair Critic said...

Thanks Suz, Robert and Robert. Mr Guyton neglected to mention that, according to the West Coast's finest, I am also a paranoid narcissist. :)

Suz said...

"Paranoid narcissist" Wear it with pride :)

robertguyton said...

I once photographed one of those, for the NZGardener. A delicate bloom on a fragile stalk with anthers like moth-antennae. I have bulbs, for anyone interested.

Towack said...

How could a narcisssist be interested in something else.....

robertguyton said...

A reflection is something else. For one thing. Narcissists would be interested in their own echo also, so there's another. There's more.