Site Meter

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I went to the Warehouse



















Outside, chained to the bicycle stand was this not-a-bicycle.
Would I meet the unicyclist inside?
Yes. He was fuming at the grammar on the lables in the Red Shed - apostrophes in inappropriate places, used in words that don't require them; book's, clothe's special's. He wa's livid!
I bought a fuchsia (Brookwood Belle) and a book (Lyra's Oxford).
Then on to the birthday party and a cake built from white chocolate.
26 years old. I can still remember the days when I balanced him on my hand like you would a broom stick. Handsome man he is now.
Happy birthday Bio!

9 comments:

Suz said...

Happiest of birthday wish'es to ya for yesterday Bio (the mis-placed apostrophe my homage to the Warehouse, I agree it's infuriating).

I wonder if you being balanced on one hand as a baby, has contributed to your obvious excellence balance in being able to unicycle?

Shunda barunda said...

Bio is only 26?
And he's a biotechnissist?

And he's handsome?
AND he can spell good?

By the way, if my dad called me handsome I would feel weird (not only because I am hideously ugly ;) ), stop embarrassing your kids Robert!

robertguyton said...

Ah! The balance thing Suz! I can take some credit then. There's a new movie - I'll post the link.

robertguyton said...

Nah Shunda - he is. You're a good looking lad yourself, according to the udderbarunda and your kids didn't seem to be frightened by your appearence :-)

Suz said...

Good looks or otherwise? For the past 17 years I've lived with the most wonderful man, who just happens to resemble Adonis...ironically tho' when we joke about who'd we'd leave the other one for, my list consists of Robbie Coltrane, and David Suchet (Hercule Poirot)..go figure?

No such thing as hideously ugly Shunda, at least from the outside :)

Suz said...

Would love for anyone out there to take a few minutes to listen to "Real Good Looking Boy" by the Who...sends shivers up my spine.

Anonymous said...

Kiaora mo tena matua!

robertguyton said...

He tama tino pai koe e Bio.
Hari huri tau ki a koe!
Tino pai te keke ne ne ra!
He tiakerete ia. Ka pai rawa!

Ethan Mudgett said...

Oh, I've always wondered how unicyclists balance themselves on such a difficult ride. Guess everyone has unique talents, as what they say.

Was he the seller at the warehouse? I can't tell… Hmm.