Site Meter

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Surprise package




















I got a parcel in the mail. I wasn't expecting it and didn't know what was inside.
When I opened it I found: dozens of huge walnuts, an ear of coloured popping corn and another of red, a golden elder seedling in a pot, a loofah, a Port Albert cucumber and other delights all sent to me unbidden from Heather and Lisa whom I met at the Ellerslie Flower Show and who operate the Mapua Country Trading Co.
I had hoped to call in while I was up in Nelson last time but was too rushed to take up their offer of the use of a kayak to explore the Mapua estuary from.
They're kind folk those two! They also gave me the shiitake mushroom kit (instructions included) that will supply me with goodness knows how many shiitake over the next few years.
Here are the two cobs.

No comments: