Site Meter

Monday, May 16, 2011

Wild flowers for wild*crafty

This is the cover of the wonderful book I flicked through while I was staying with the Goat People of Canterbury, wild*crafty. It's a must-have for anyone who loves plants. I'm on the lookout for a copy for myself. Speaking of books, we received (through the post) 4 beautiful books today: Community Orchards Handbook, The New Book of Apples (The Definitive Guide to Apples Including over 2,000 Varieties, The Apple and it's Varieties: Being a History and Description of the Varieties of Apples Cultivated in the Gardens and Orchards of Great Britain, and lastly, British Pomology; The History, Description, Classification, and Synonymes, of the Fruits and Fruit Trees of Great Britain. Vol1, The Apple.
That's some valuable information right there and some reading bellowing to be done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet looking book! I've got the Collins guide to trees of Britain and Northern Europe, which I find very useful.

robertguyton said...

This one is chokka with weeds and herbs with wonderful names. I will seek it out.
I'm really enjoying the 'Community Orchards' book - it's inspirational.