Site Meter

Sunday, March 20, 2011

La-di-da

The blogosphere's an odd place at times and those who frequent it often odder. Comments too, found throughout the maze of blogs can amaze and puzzle, reflecting their maker's world-views. I stumbled across one tonight, from a commenter who calls himself 'Dutchie Down South'. Dutchie seems not to enjoy the way I describe my views on one of the blogs he reads and had this delightful comment to make:

@Fred,
didn’t you know that RG is the cuckoo under the bloggers?
Like a true cuckoo he keeps his own blog squeaky clean with la di da photos of a dandelion and crocuses but hijacks everybody else their blog.

Feeling a little flattered and quite a bit generous, I'd like to dedicate the photo that accompanies this post to Dutchie Down South.
Cheers Dutchie!

4 comments:

Keeping Stock said...

I think that the Dutchman's got you pegged Rob. Your views on my blog and others are far more extreme and provocative than anything you publish yourself. You're full of good ideas for me to blog about, but oddly, you don't deem them worthy for your own fine publication. I reckon DDS is right on the money.

robertguyton said...

Pegged by a Dutchman Inv2?
That's gotta hurt!
Was my 'Key's Hawaiian Hide-away' post not provocative enough for you? I thought you'd found it un-palatable and how about my questions about the validity of the 'national emergency' - remember, the one you strongly suggested I remove?
Are ypou sure my comments elsewhere, on such important matters as Winston Peter's 'no' sign, are so terribly extreme?

David Winter said...

I don't think Dutchie knows much about cuckoos, film titles no withstanding, they don't have nests

(And nice hoverfly, Melangyna novaezelandiae I think.)

robertguyton said...

I think Dutchie's remembering the film David.
That hoverfly was one of a myriad, along with more native bees than I've ever seen, at a garden I visited yesterday. Being amongst all those winged things strengthened my resolve to create an insect garden in the town here. In fact, I spent yesterday afternoon planting flower bulbs amongst the young fruit tress over there (sorry for the la-di-da-ness of that Dutchie).