Site Meter

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eel fishing

I got a bite!
Jack Murrell of Manapouri says we should catch and sell as many eels as we possibly can, before they head off to Tonga to breed, and sell the coal as well, milk, whatever isn't nailed down, in order that we can enjoy the prosperity we deserve. I worry a little when I hear the call for 'what we deserve'. I guess it's how you view what we've done so far to 'deserve' any kind of recompense. Certainly, if it was the King Of Eels deciding what we were due, I'd be concerned.
I'll pen a response to Jack later today, once I've completed my first 'webinar', a graceless term if ever there was one, meaning on-line seminar, on the topic of conflict of interest. It a Council thing and I'm looking forward to it with keen anticipation. I've challenged my own council over an issue of bias, so today's web-discussion should move that challenge forward, one way or the other.

No comments: