Site Meter

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why try?












I'm training for the Wai Tri run, paddle and cycle event coming soon beside a river near me.
Ordinarily, I'd cycle my section of my team-of-three's contribution to the race, or paddle as I can do both well enough but I've chosen the running leg and need to train. So I'm accompanying my daughter for an every-evening run along the beach - 20 minutes north, turn at the river and 20 munites back. It's a bit of a puff at the moment but I'm making gains. It's a great run, with the plashing waves on one side, dunes on the other. Tonight's sky was clear, with banks of cloud away toward Stewart Island.
I'm feeling kinda good about this.
Eventually I'll be able to keep pace with my daughter but for now it's "You're doing really well Dad!"

:-)

No comments: