Site Meter

Friday, July 23, 2010

Spreading the word








Today I campaigned in the industrial area of Invercargill, giving out my leaflets in the offices and workshops of trucking firms, scrap metal yards, sign writing shops, courier depots and concreter's yards.
The reception I got was warm from everyone and I had some good conversations about the topics that seemed to be important to us all - water, coal, milk and oil.
I saw some awesome sights as well - the articulated claw that selects and lifts piles of girders, iron framing, car bodies and assorted ironmongery at the scrap metal yard, silos of ready-mixed concrete that fill the rotating-barrel concrete trucks, the landing deck where the trucks laden with vegetables and fruit unload their pallets every day, starting at 5, all busy.
In the afternoon I walked the streets of Windsor and didn't have to worry about getting crushed by a forklift or Mack truck.
The shop owners and staff were just as friendly there as the people I'd met in the morning.
It was a great day.

No comments: